Job Title: Engineering Apprentice
Department: Human Resources
Responsible to: General Manager
Location: Barkell, Ltd. Consett
Barkell is part of the Modine group of companies. The group employs 7500 people worldwide 110 at our Consett site and 440 people at our Airedale Leeds site. Our activities cover the manufacture, sale and servicing of Air handling units at Consett and air conditioning equipment at our Leeds location.
Purpose of the job:
To undertake a 3 year apprenticeship programme leading to a nationally recognised qualification and accreditation.
We need individuals with the ability to work in a focused and flexible manner to meet tight deadlines and who are able to work effectively in teams with excellent communication skills. What’s equally important is that you are passionate about engineering, are self –motivated, and have the ability to learn new skills quickly.
Duties and responsibilities:
Whilst in the role you will learn how Barkell works and work through the three key areas of production spending 6 months in each: Machine Shop, Fabrication and Finishing.
As part of your apprenticeship, you will be on day release at college. During the holidays, you will be expected to work a full 39 hour week at Barkell.
What you will receive:
- A level 3 advance apprenticeship
- Skills and experience in three key areas of manufacturing
- A choice of where to take your training and career here at Barkell
- Regular reviews with the General Manager to check progress and feedback
- Practical skills will be taught
- You will have the opportunity to develop your skills in a great environment.
- We will support you to get the best out of your work and studies to be the best you can be
The company has a number of apprentices that have continued to study and complete HNC/ HND and some have undertaken foundation degrees. These courses are all day release courses.
Our apprentices have gone on to successful careers in numerous areas of our business – sales, service engineering, manufacturing, design and controls.
- Proactively seek and obtain knowledge, skills and experience
- A demonstrable aptitude for problem solving
- Self-motivated and proactive
- An ability to work and communicate effectively in a team
- Good timekeeping skills
- Be dependable and flexible in your work and learning
- Have a positive attitude
- Have a genuine interest in developing a career
- Being able to work well under pressure
- Knowledge of manufacturing or technical engineering
Submitting an application:
Please apply in writing with CV and salary details via post, email or by completing the below form:
Barkell HR Department
c/o Airedale International Air Conditioning Ltd
Or e-mail email@example.com