HR95 – MVHR Plate Heat Exchanger
0.06m3.s-1 (216m3.h-1 ) – 1.47m3.s-1 (5300 m3.h-1 )
Applications: Indoor and Outdoor Installation – Commercial | School | University | Retail | Office Buildings | Hotels | Banking | Leisure
The HR95 is a compact and packaged MVHR solution for mechanical supply and extract ventilation equipped with high efficiency plate heat exchanger.
With horizontal and vertical configurations and inbuilt roof panels, it provides flexibility for both indoor and outdoor installation across all commercial applications.
Equipped with state-of-the-art plug and play integrated controls the HR95 MVHR units offer the all-in-one heat recovery solution for local or central mechanical ventilation, benefiting very quiet and efficient operation.
The ThermX HR95 unit casing is assembled from a self-supporting frameless construction, manufactured with double skinned, corrosion resistant, 50mm deep hot dip galvanized sandwich panels (thick.: 0.8mm) packed with high density rockwool (88 kg.m-3) and sealed with a high tightness EPDM closed cell gasket.
The panels are finished with an powder paint finish for optimum corrosion protection.
The HR95 MVHR unit is suitable for free standing internal or external installation as standard.
The units can be configured as vertical (double-deck) or horizontal (side-by-side) with the exception of sizes 450 and 550 which are available in vertical configuration only.
All units are supplied as a single piece package.
Access and maintenance
Access to all the unit compartments is available through the tool operated access panels as standard. Top access panels on the units are supported by hydraulic support strut.
All access panels are equipped with handles to facilitate handling during maintenance operations.
The control panel is installed in an easily accessible, enclosure inside of the unit.
The vertical units control panel is enclosed on the top of the unit, the horizontal units control panel is enclosed on the side of the unit.
- Highly efficient counterflow plate heat exchanger exceeding the 2018 ErP requirements
- Operational efficiency up to 93%
- Eurovent certified performance and tested to EN308:1997
- Manufactured from high thermal transmittance and corrosion resistant aluminium
- Face and bypass damper
- Minimal internal leakage ensured by the double sided inner seals
- Integrated multi-step anti-freeze logic
- Single inlet backwards curved radial impellers manufactured from aluminium
- Energy efficient IE4 electronically commutated (EC) motors with integrated electronic control and silent operation
- Optimised impellers balanced to DIN / ISO 1940
- ErP 2015 ready
- Integral control electronics – soft start, over temperature and short circuit protection
- Motor insulation class ‘B’, rated IP 54 (acc. To EN 60529)
- Plastic framed pleated panel filters
- Synthetic media for low-pressure drop reducing overall unit energy consumption
- Filtration grade according to BS EN 779:2012/ISO 16890
- G4 (ePMcoarse 60%) pre filter and F7 (ePM2.5 50%) supply filter
- G4 (ePMcoarse 60%) return filter
- Filter status monitored by integral digital pressure sensors
- Installed in slides and sealed for easy replacement and minimised bypass leakage
Controls & communication
HR95 features state of the art plug and play integral controls with a full RGB touch screen multi-colour remote wired controller. The interface for BMS connection is via Modbus RTU RS485, Modbus TCP/IP and Bacnet TCP/IP.
The intelligent, inbuilt controls include (not an extensive list):
- Touchscreen controller
- Integral temperature and pressure sensors
- Mains isolator
- CAV (Constant Air Volume)
- VAV (Variable Air Volume) – Constant Pressure Supply Duct
- DCV (Demand Controlled Ventilation)
- Trickle & Boost mode
- Time scheduling
- Airflow offset
- Supply and room air temperature control
- Automatic free-cooling regime
- Modulation of bypass and up to 2 pre-heaters and post-heaters/coolers
- Modulation of external heat pump
- Overheat, condensate overflow and frost protection
- Automatic calibration of fans and filters
- Service, maintenance and error alarms
- Commissioning mode with component testing
- Soft start
- Fire interlock
- PID tuning
The following options, if selected, are all fully integrated into the unit controls:
- Integral electrical pre-heater (frost coil)
- Integral electrical post heater
- Integral LPHW post heater
- Integral WCO (Water changeover) post heater/cooler
- Integral DX (Direct Expansion) post heater/cooler
Vast range of ancillaries available for the HRFL II range:
- Motorised shut off dampers (rectangular or circular)
- Square to round transitions
- Threaded rods
- Duct mounted attenuators
- Spare filters
- Duct mounted electrical or water heaters
- Condensate pump kit
- Condensate syphon
- Damper actuators
- Duct and room mounted IAQ sensors (CO2, humidity)
- PIR motion sensor
- Valve kits
- Matched refrigeration system
Tested for your complete peace of mind
- Performance – ISO 5801:2007
- Acoustics – BS EN 3744:2010, BS EN ISO 5136:2010
- Heat Recovery – EN 308:1997
Building regulations and eco-design directive
All models are performance tested, and measurements are made to obtain the power consumption of the units in several operating points. The units can work within the limits of both of these regulations under most conditions. Detailed software selection can be provided to get accurate performance data.
The set-up of the controls on the Therm-X unit can be performed by one of our experienced commissioning teams.
We offer the following options to perform the commissioning of your Therm-X units:
Site attendance for demonstration of controls set-up
With this option one of our experienced engineers will attend to site for one day and demonstrate how to calibrate and set the controls for one Therm-X unit.
Site attendance for controls set-up
With this option one of our experienced engineers will attend to site to check the installation and wiring of every unit as well as calibrate and set up the controls to the required project design conditions.
For additional information about our commissioning options please contact our offices.