Whilst some sessions covered pre-determined topics, we are able, subject to demand, to tailor courses to your organisation’s specific requests. Our CPD training sessions are currently being delivered via an online platform, for covid safety, and we hope to soon be able to resume on-site training.
Our areas of expertise include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Ventilation – fresh air for occupants and dilution of pollutants (bio-effluents (CO2, water vapours), building and system emissions
• Fine filtration – purifying air in order to achieve acceptable indoor air quality (IAQ) in the ventilated spaces
• Heat recovery – recover waste heat from the building while exhausting contaminated air
• Heating and/or cooling (optional) – provide tempered air for space heating/cooling devices (fan coils, VAV boxes, chilled beams, etc)
Our latest and most popular CPD is a one hour session, looking at commercial MVHR applications. This course is aimed at giving those involved in the HVAC supply chain an introduction to MVHR, considering key functions and applications, component parts and their main features and an understanding of current legislation and performance standards.
Topics covered include:
• Definitions and Applications
• Standards & Legislation
• Future of MVHR
• To understand MVHR key functions and applications
• To understand MVHR component parts and their main features
• To understand current legislation and performance standards and how they apply to MVHRU
HTM 03-01 (2021) – REVISED GUIDELINES CPD
Following the recent release of the revised Health Technical Memorandum 03-01 Part A and B guidelines (HTM 03-01 (2021)), which offer guidance on the design, installation and operation of ventilation systems in healthcare facilities, we are offering a one hour CPD summarising the revisions and offering information for mechanical AHU design, whilst considering the implications, shortcomings and potential value engineering solutions.
This course is aimed at consultants and facility management teams, involved the HVAC supply chain.
Topics covered include:
- Introduction to HTM’s and the tenets of healthcare ventilation
- Analysis of the HTM 03-01 requirements for AHU’s
- Review of the revisions from the previous standards
- Consideration of value engineering options
- To understand the tenets of healthcare ventilation system design
- To understand the HTM 03-01 requirements for the design of air handling units
- To recognise the changes to previous editions of the HTM 03-01
Fee: Free of charge
Our CPDs are delivered by Bruno Guedes, Technical solution Manager at Barkell
Bruno holds a Bachelor’s degree in Renewable Energy Engineering with a professional background in renewable energy engineering and the HVAC manufacturing industry, particularly with bespoke air handling and heat recovery products. Bruno has worked with Barkell for over 6 years, overseeing various roles encompassing project management, product research, product / system design, technical support and training.
Get in touch
To find out more about CIBSE approved CPDs delivered by Barkell, or to book a session for yourself or your workplace, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01207 590575.