Research and Development
Our heavy investment in R&D supports our commitment to innovation. Great ideas require intensive research and development by people who believe in constant improvement.
We have teams of highly skilled engineers who are dedicated to AHU design, and are always finding new ways to improve Barkell machines. Our engineers come from a range of disciplines including electrical and mechanical engineering, fluid dynamics, design, testing, acoustic, controls and others. This range of backgrounds enables our teams to approach new challenges from all angles, and design AHUs and Heat Recovery units that achieve optimum performance.
Throughout our organisation and as part of the Airedale Group we pride ourselves on empowering our AHU design engineers to create positive change. Our ethos encourages designers to come up with innovative ideas that minimise operational costs, maximise performance and have environmental responsibility at their heart.
Quality & Innovation
New technologies, efficient design, and lean manufacturing processes all serve to continually improve the AHU products and services that we offer. By combining our forward-thinking approach with industry best-practice, we are able to offer a more flexible solution to customers.
We work hard to create optimised units with guaranteed flow rates and maximised performance, and we have numerous exciting developments to offer our customers over the coming years.
Quality and innovation techniques
Our staff are trained and practice the following continuous improvement techniques:
• Six sigma
• Value stream mapping
• Lean manufacturing
• Root cause problem solving
To achieve our quality and innovation goals, we recognise the importance of providing a platform for continuous improvement. We therefore use a Quality System and work to develop our team structures to ensure that this objective is achievable.
Barkell understand the importance of user experience. We collect and share information that will improve both the performance of products and customer service. Outlined below are principles that reflect Barkell’s commitment towards achieving success.
• Consistently provide products that meet customer and applicable regulatory requirements
• Audit, monitor and measure component and product performance. Ensure appropriate action is taken to improve performance and reliability
• Audit, monitor and measure process performance. Ensure appropriate action is taken to improve the process performance
• Maintain appropriate measures to ensure all information generated to support process activities, is updated and improved
• Maintain appropriate procedures, to ensure that personnel who perform work affecting quality are monitored, developed and trained to a level of competence, which is appropriate to sustain our reputation for producing a high quality product
• Develop both the staff and the Quality Systems to satisfy quality objectives
• Maintain appropriate technical literature through all media channels, to ensure product awareness, enhancements and the effects of legislation are available to customers
Meeting your needs
By adopting this ethos of quality and innovation, and focusing on our customer experience, we try to ensure that the needs of our customers dictate our business development. We will continue to encourage our people to constantly improve their performance, and strive to ensure that our suppliers are driven by our customers’ needs.