HR85 - Thermal Wheel
HR85 0.03m³/s (108 m3/h) – 2.06m³/s (7416 m3/h) @ 200pa ESP
Mechanical Ventilation & Heat Recovery Unit - Thermal Wheel
Applications: Commercial | School / University | Retail | Office Buildings | Hotels | Banking | Leisure
The HR85 range is a fully packaged, compact, mechanical heat recovery and ventilation system. Highly efficient and with near silent operation, the HR85 is easy to install with top or side connections and is equally easy to maintain.
HR85 features intuitive, inbuilt controls, meaning there is no need for costly and fragmented third party control company integration. HR85s packaged design can meet any space constraint and the plug and play installation aids the speed of commissioning and system reliability.
HR85 is an engineered to perform, flexible, robust mechanical ventilation and heat recovery unit designed to meet a vast range of applications.
Choose your model
HR85 is available with top or side connections and left or right service access: 8 models covering airflows from 0.03 m³/s (108 m³/h) to 2.06 m³/s (7416 m³/h) @ 200pa ESP
HR85 unit casing is a sturdy, self-supporting frameless construction, built with double skinned 50mm deep hot dip galvanised sandwich panels (0.8mm gauge, 88kg/m3).
The panels have a powder paint finish, for optimum corrosion protection.
The enclosure has a smooth internal surface, crevice free and easy to clean. Fixed and access panels have a high tightness, EPDM closed cell gasket seal, to avoid external air leakage.
The unit is suitable for free standing internal installation as standard and can be equipped with an optional weatherproof roof to enable external installation (except versions with top connections).
Connections can be positioned on the sides or the top of the unit (except sizes 550 and 750 the connections are exclusively on the side).
The smaller sizes come as a single piece unit. Larger units (from and including size 300) are supplied in a modular arrangement with each module individually packed and provided with quick-fit electrical and mechanical connections.
Access and maintenance
Access to all the unit compartments is available through the tool operated access panels as standard. All access panels are equipped with handles to facilitate handling during maintenance operations.
All the panels are fully removable allowing access to the wheel, fan, filter and ancillary coil sections and facilitating access for periodic inspection.
The control panel is easily accessible, via a thermally insulated enclosure inside of the unit.
- Highly efficient rotary air to air heat exchanger exceeding the 2018 ErP requirements
- Operational efficiency up to 85%
- Eurovent certified performance and tested to EN308:1997
- Manufactured from high thermal transmittance and corrosion resistant aluminium
- Minimal internal leakage ensured by the double sided inner seals
- Automatic rotor speed control
- Frost protection control
- Single inlet backwards curved radial plenum fans
- Energy efficient IE4 EC motors with integrated electronic control and silent operation
- Optimised impellers balanced to DIN / ISO 1940
- ErP ready
- Integrated control electronics – soft start, over temperature and short circuit protection
- Motor insulation Class ‘B’, rated IP 54 (acc. to EN 60529)
- Panel or bag filters with synthetic media for low-pressure drop
- VDI6022 compliant plastic frame on panel filters
- Filtration grade according to BS EN 779:2012/ISO 16890:
- M5 (ePM10 50%) supply and return filters
- F7 (ePM2.5 50%) supply air filter (option)
Controls & communication
HR85 features state of the art plug and play integrated controls with a full RGB touch screen, remote controller. The interface for BMS connection is via Modbus RTU & Modbus TCP.
The intelligent, inbuilt controls include (not an extensive list):
- Integrated temperature and pressure sensors
- CAV (Constant Air Volume)
- VAV (Variable Air Volume) – Constant Pressure Supply
- DCV (Demand Controlled Ventilation)
- Trickle & Boost mode
- Time scheduling
- Airflow offset
- Supply and room air temperature control
- Automatic free-cooling regime
- Automatic thermal wheel rotor speed control
- Control of up to 2 pre-heaters and post-heaters/coolers
- Thermal overheat, condensate overflow and frost protection
- Automatic calibration of fans and filters
- Service, maintenance and error alarms
- Soft start
- Fire interlock
- PID tuning
The following options, if selected, are all fully integrated into the unit control
- Integrated electrical post-heater
- Integrated LPHW post-heater
- Integrated WCO (water changeover) post heater/cooler
- Integrated DX (direct expansion) post heater/cooler
The unit can have top or side connections. The HR85 is predominantly for indoor application but can be installed outside. Where installed outdoor, the unit requires full weather protection which is offered as an option.
Vast range of ancillaries available for the HR85 range:
- Shut off dampers (rectangular or circular)
- Square to round transitions
- Duct mounted attenuators
- Spare filters
- Duct mounted electrical or water heaters
- Condensate pump kit
- Damper actuators
- Duct and room mounted IAQ sensors (CO2, humidity)
- PIR motion sensor
- Valve and actuator kits
- Weatherproof roof
Tested for your complete peace of mind
- Performance – ISO 5801:2007
- Acoustics – BS EN 3744:2010, BS EN ISO 5136:2010
- Heat Recovery – EN 308:1997
- Model Box casing performance – EN 1886:2007
Building regulations and eco-design directive
All models are performance tested, and measurements are made to obtain the power consumption of the units in several operating points.
The units can work within the limits of both of these regulations under most conditions.
Detailed software selection can be provided to get accurate performance data.
Please contact us to request the IOM manual, installation guidelines, controls manual or safe operation manual.
Make an Enquiry
If you wish to enquire about this product or have a forthcoming air conditioning requirement, please complete the form below and one of our experienced team will be in touch to address your query. (We always try to respond within 24 hours, excluding weekends and bank holidays).